Luigi's Mansion 3 is a tentatively-named upcoming game in the Luigi's Mansion series for the Nintendo Switch, set to release sometime in 2019. It bears a similar playing style to that of its predecessor. The game takes place in a tall building, seemingly a hotel.
- Luigi has a new Poltergust vacuum, that can fire plungers, use the Strobulb, and use jet propulsion to jump.
- Blue ghosts similar to Hiders from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon appear, with each having 100 HP.
- A Polterpup returns.
- A trashed room with many pizza boxes and a suitcase with Mario's emblem.
- A hallway with cleaning supplies and numbered doors.
- A dining room with a lot of food, some on the ground.
- A foyer with pictures of Luigi, Mario, Toad and Princess Peach, all having an "X" across them.
- A theater entrance, with a Hider moving the rug underneath Luigi.
- A garage similar to the one in Dark Moon, but with a red car rather than a blue one.
- A mail room, with a safe that needs a Strobulb flash to open.
- The pizza boxes in the trashed room say "Since 1983", referencing Luigi's first appearance in Mario Bros. for the Game & Watch.
- Luigi's new Poltergust was actually first revealed during Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont's reveal trailer for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.